Monday, May 11, 2009

Don’t just sit there. Read!!

I am not at par with my mum. I am not even close in becoming the best mum in the world. Mother’s Day made me ponder, a lot. Hav I been taking enough care of Iman? Do I know exactly what to do at certain level of Iman’s age? Have I been teaching her a lot? Have I ever sit down n spend our quality time together n help her in discovering all the beautiful n new things? Do I have any plans for her in future?

Answering those will make me feel such a loser. Ok, I bathe her, fed her, cradle her to sleep n do the rest of the daily chores. But it’s just that. Looking back, felt like there’s nothing special that I’ve done so far. I didn’t even teach her to salam. Her nanny did! I rarely bring her for evening walk. Hummm… After work, I fetch her n start singing together in the car n once I reach home, I pass her to Papa n proceed to the kitchen. She keeps on coming to kitchen (hoping for me to play with her I guess) but I hold her for a while n pass her to Papa.

I just went blank. I am not sure whether her progression is ok or not. I am not sure what else I should do. I know zero. Well, there’s no point sitting there n grumbling, my dear! Pls do something about it. I need to read. I must read. I’ll read about raising babies, kids n anything related. I’ll read all!! InsyaAllah. Kamon2~~

p/s: another emotional entry? Kahkahkah…

5 comments:

Mommy Lyna said...

most of the time, mother's instinct is the best despite all those so-called 'good books' :)

you're indeed the best ibu for Iman!

Mommy Lyna said...

che ah,

can i use iman's photo to be put on my blog's header?

im_an_ibu said...

yeke? hopefully i am. thanx along.
nway, ur wish is granted. cant wait to c the outcome. :)

Naizaitul said...

don't bother about that..just do your duty and be the best mom...saje mencelah...heheh

im_an_ibu said...

nai...

hehe.. insyaAllah.. doa2kan..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin