Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Five healthy fixes for junk food cravings

I’m having a problematical appetite once I’m back to Kertih. Hohoho… what does that mean? Faham2 sendri jela~~ huhuhu…
Nhow, found an interesting article from babycentre related to food cravings which I think I should adopt.


Eat breakfast every day. You'll be less susceptible to midmorning snack attacks. A winning combination: a glass of calcium-fortified orange juice, yogurt with fresh fruit, and a whole-grain bagel or toast with jam.

My daily routine: it’s a must have event daily. I never avoid any breakfast. N now I eat breakfast more than once. I’m euww to nasi lemak, fried stuff n anything related. So, I opt for cereals with low fat milk. Sounds healthy? Hehehe…

Exercise regularly. Working out is an excellent way to curb hunger and distract yourself from cravings.

My daily routine: I never exercise. I’m not fit at all. But I have to climb stairs to get to my office @ 2nd floor. N I’ll be hell out breath once I reached my office. Hohoho… I’m unfit, indeed!!

Get the emotional support you need. The hormonal roller coaster of pregnancy can make you more vulnerable to mood swings. You may turn to food when what you really need is someone to talk to, says Elizabeth Somer, author of Nutrition for a Healthy Pregnancy.

My daily routine: I always share my day with Papa n watch Iman in action. That heals.

Train yourself to think small. Try a few spoonfuls of ice cream rather than a whole bowl or one square of chocolate instead of the entire bar.

My daily routine: My appetite is unpredictable. Sometimes I want to eat all. Sometimes I just refuse to. But when I hav the desire, I always take large amount n don’t finish it up. I’ll train myself to think small for this case.

Substitute healthy stand-ins for your cravings. See our list below for a few suggestions.
Instead of Ice cream
Try Nonfat frozen yogurt or reduced-sugar ice cream
Instead of Can of cola
Try Mineral water with fruit juice or a squeeze of lime
Instead of Doughnut or sweetened pastry
Try Whole-grain bagel with jam
Instead of Slice of cake
Try Low-fat banana-nut or zucchini bread, or angel food cake topped with fresh strawberries
Instead of Sugar cereals
Try Whole-grain cereal or oatmeal topped with brown sugar and cinnamon
Instead of Potato chips
Try Low-fat chips, homemade popcorn, or pretzels
Instead of Try Sour cream Nonfat sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt
Instead of Sundae toppings
Try Fresh berries or sliced bananas. If you crave crunch, throw on some crispy rice cereal.
Instead of Canned fruit in sugar syrup
Try Fresh fruit or unsweetened frozen fruit
Instead of Chocolate
Try Hot cocoa made with nonfat milk. Or make some trail mix with raisins, dried fruits, nuts, and a small handful of chocolate chips.
Instead of Cookies
Try Graham crackers. Add a little peanut butter for pizzazz.
Instead of Cheesecake or other creamy dessert
Try Small slices of cheese on whole-wheat crackers, or low-fat rice or vanilla pudding

My daily routine: I enjoy eating fruits, cereal, low fat milk. No junk food but I seem can’t resist Maggi Mee!!! Owh, it’s soooooo tempting!!!! I can see the packets calling me whenever I saw them on the shelf. Jahat sungguh mereka. I’ve eaten 3-4 packets so far during my 1st trimester. Is that bad?

P/S: Semlm saya mkn durian. Sgt sedap!!!!! Ni sume Papa punye psl. He really influenced me. Hehehe…

5 comments:

JOELY said...

baguih nyer che ah siyap wat reasearch lg....hihi...me too ms awal2...suke mkn megi mee...and quite a lot u know...but i berani because ms first pregnancy pon i eat maggi mee everyday ok...before i know that i was pregnant....ms tu i kt oversea...

bestnyer che ah...ko leh thn durian yea...aku pnah mkn dulu ms 5-6 bulan...and end up...tergeliat2..saket bdn...huhuh....terus menjauhi durian....:P

im_an_ibu said...

aku br mkn maggi semlm. ngeh3...
durian pon. so far alhamdulillah bleh thn durian. tp xbrani mkn byk2. 2-3 ulas jek. hehehe...

JOELY said...

ohh...igt ko mkn sebiji durian....ko nyer expression seolah2...byk betul ko mkn durian....aku dulu mkn sebiji kut...so berulas2 lahh...hehehe...

Mak Ngah said...

Br makan durian ondway blk dr johor hrtu...tobat x nk makan dh during pregnancy.Angin satu badan.Saje nk kenalkan pd bb,takut dia x suke bile kuar nnti.

im_an_ibu said...

joely,
i eat in a small amount but quite frequent. hehehe... kirenye arini mkn 2-3 ulas. pastu esok another batch. xbrani nak mkn 1 bijik trus. hehehe...

kak,
ko kene introduce bit by bit. br xterkejut baby nanti. hehehe...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin