Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I’ll never have the chance to taste that Gulai Tempoyak again

Eversince I preggy, I often crave for durian. Gulai Tempoyak is not exempted. I long for Gulai Tempoyak. Feels like I’ve not eaten that dish for ages.

During the 2nd week of last school holidays, I’m hoping for Mom to cook that dish when we were at my hometown during that holiday. But we just often dined out because of the numbers of weddings that we had to attend.

I long for Mak Tam’s Gulai Tempoyak actually. I remember sipping the kuah when Arwah Apak is around whenever we balik kampong. Just like sipping mushroom soup. I didn’t eat the content of the gulai, only the kuah. N it was soooo nice. Mak Tam always said I have the same habit as Arwah Apak, sipping the Gulai Tempoyak.

It all suddenly stopped when Arwah Apak passed away. Sipping Gulai tempoyak has no longer become my favorite. N I noticed Mak Tam seldom cook that dish. Well, I never asked for it, anyway.

During that holiday, I know my request for Mak Tam to cook Gulai Tempoyak for me is impossible to be realized. She had been very weak lately. She didn’t even have the desire for food. N she was admitted to the hospital not long after that.

1 week after being admitted, Mak Tam passed away. Exactly 1 month after our vacation in PD. I can see how sad Mom was especially when she helped to bathe Mak Tam. Me, still can’t adapt to that situation. Mak Tam had always been there all this while. She took care of us whenever Mom went for outstation. Her house is our place to turn to when my family was abroad. I remember how she excitedly struggled to cook whenever her grannies planning to come over n her food was simply mouth watering. How excited she was when we went for shopping before she left for Cape Town to visit my family. I guess everything’s coming back to me now. N I still feel as if she’s still around. In fact, I still feel Arwah Apak n Arwah Nenek are still around. Their memories are still fresh in mind. N sometimes, they appeared in my dreams. Huhuhu…

Nway, I cooked Gulai Tempoyak last nite. My first time ever.





Tasty? Ask Papa. But I know, it’ll never taste better than that Gulai Tempoyak. N I know, I will never taste that Gulai Tempoyak again. :(

Arwah Mak Tam with 1 MO Iman
Al-Fatihah.

5 comments:

Mak Ngah said...

Al-Fatihah...

Arwah was very happy when i told her that i'm pregnant..terkilan my baby x sempat jumpe moyang dia.

Ibu Emir said...

takziah yer.. Alfatihah

FdausAmad said...

Mesti balik BOTA jugakkk setiap tahun...BOTA ada dua..satu dekat dekat Parit.Satu lagi dekat dekat Tg Malim.

Al-Fatihah..

abahfateh said...

Al-Fatihah....

Takziah dari kami sekeluarga. It must be great loss but memories remain....

im_an_ibu said...

thanx all...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin