But only bread butter pudding & its custard sauce. Wayyyy, wayyyyy from RV or Rainbow or current drooling cake, Hokkaido Chiffon Cake. Jadilaaa…
Things that we need are
6 slices day-old bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1/2 cup white sugar (initially ¾ but I reduced it as I know it will be pretty sweet. Besides, I’ll be serving with the custard sauce. So it will double the sweet)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (but I didn’t put this as couldn’t find it in the market shelf. I bet it will nicer with it)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How I did it
1. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. I tore the bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over the bread and sprinkle with raisins.
3. I had beaten the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla until well mixed n poured it over the bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
4. N bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
The sauce was pretty easy. I just heated up a can of Ideal milk with 2 tablespoon of custard powder n 2 tablespoon of sugar until it turned a bit sticky.
Iman said it was delicious but she ate only 1 & a half slice of it. So I’m not sure either IT IS delicious or she just wants to please me. Owh, she can be a sweet talker sometimes. But she can really tell me off too.
Hmm, I shud arrange sometime for sewing, sorting old clothes n make over plak. Wee~~
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone