Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Umrah

Upon our return from Umrah, I hav a list of things to be put on paper just to remind myself on the experience that Papa n I faced throughout our journey. I actually hav 9 points altogether but since I’d put off this entry for more than 2 months, I can only recall on 5 points. My bad. We met lotsa people from different background with different behavior. We encountered lotsa eye-opening experiences. Totally a new perspective to us.

1) The importance of sincerity
U see, like some other places, there are lots of beggars in Mekah to the extend that u cant differentiate between beggars whom really in need of help and those from a syndicate group. The latter may irritate u somehow. But, we need to remember that whenever we hav the niat of donating or doing any good deeds, it must come with sincerity, from the heart. We shudnt be bother about the ‘what ifs’. Let’s just pray that our good deeds will give a significant impact to those who receives it.

2) The importance of Arabic
I felt so helpless and small everytime I was approached by Muslims from other region in Arabic lingo. Their effort to start a conversation is really something, but shame on me as I just don’t understand what they are talking about. That is just a part of it. Wouldn’t it give a significant impact when u r able to converse in Arabic, read in Arabic and understand it? The most importantly, u’ll be able to understand the content Al-Quran. Isn’t wonderful when u can read Al-Quran just like u read a novel?

3) The importance of spiritual preparation
I was extremely busy and stressfull towards the departure. So many preparations need to be done but I can just complete the physical preparation. Not so much of readings and studies were being done prior to that. Just need to make sure that I mustn’t practice this when I’m about to go for Hajj one day.

4) The importance of knowledge
During our ziarah to historical spots, we felt so ignorant of the Sirah. So many things that we didn’t know about Rasulullah SAW, his efforts, his strength, his challenges, his family etc. Again, I felt so small n Sirah was only a part of Islam. What about the tauheed, fiqh, aqidah n so on? I’m far away from being a gud Muslim. So many things that I need to do to improve myself.

5) The miracle of Zam Zam and Dates
What worried me most was my health condition while I was there. I hav this mindset that if u go for Umrah or Hajj, u’ll be easily caught with flu, cough or fever. Hot weather n too many people are the main reason. I know that I cant be sick or else I’ll upset my journey. The weather reached almost 45 deg C! Plus, I had the history of being warded and a long rest when I was caught into bad cough n flu during my 2nd pregnancy, so what more now? N owh, plus that both Papa n I were not so healthy prior to our journey. N I also worried with my gastricitis. So I planned to tag along my energy bars. N I was very concerned with our ‘things to bring’ checklist. Gosh, I totally misjudged everything. :(

B4 we left, Papa had a chat with his colleagues whom just got back from Umrah. To my surprise, Alhamdulillah she was fine i.e. no terrible cough or flu. What she did was, her routine is to bring empty bottle to Masjidil Haram or Masjid Nabawi n filled with Zam Zam. Day in day out, she just drank Zam Zam. Alhamdullilah, with Allah’s will. N we practiced that as well. Alhamdulillah. We drank bottles of Zam Zam daily. N eventhough we sometimes skipped our meals (which is really the things that I mustn’t do), munching dates really made us full and boost up our energy. Alhamdulillah, my tummy well-behaved.



I'm truly grateful for this opportunity :) Alhamdulillah



It always feels good to be back in Papa's arms :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Em's Family said...

nicely written. hope i can perform my umrah one fine day too..

im_an_ibu said...

InsyaAllah mira. One day, insyaAllah :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin